Many people can attest to the fact that meatloaf is their favorite meal. However, how to reheat meatloaf is the problem because it usually comes out dry if not done correctly.
If you mess up the warming up process, you may not want to eat that meatloaf.
Some people usually get professional chefs to prepare meals that need reheating. You may not afford this luxury or want to save your money and do this yourself.
You need to note that you are preparing your meatloaf yourself because it needs to be a little bit undercooked. It should look slightly pink. Therefore, when you are warming it up, it will be fully cooked.
This is mainly for the ones you think might be left over.
Another thing you should keep in mind is that overheating your meatloaf will make it dry. Therefore, you should only expose it to adequate heat.
These are various methods you can use, so it is safe to say that there is no one best way to reheat meatloaf.
Best Way To Reheat Meatloaf In Pan
You may not have heard of the idea of warming up meatloaves in pans or skillets because it is not so common. The important thing is that it works. Be careful not to over fry the food because it will come out burnt, dry, and tasteless.
- Light your stove and set it to medium heat. Put the skillet on the stove.
- Pour some oil or butter, depending on what you’re using, on the pan, and allow it to get some heat.
- Put in the meatloaves and stir fry them. Turn them over using a spatula so the other side can warm up too. Two minutes is enough for each side. You should be quick when doing this, or else the food will get burned.
- Get the food out of the pan and allow it to cool for a while. Serve your meatloaves.
Related Reading: Best Pots and Pans Sets For Every Budget
In Oven/Toaster Oven
If you are looking for the best results when warming up meatloaf, you should use an oven or toaster oven. Many individuals who get frustrated with the oven are those who subject the meatloaf to too much heat.
What happens is that the food will become extremely hot but also dry because all the moisture will evaporate. Here are the correct steps to follow.
- Preheat your oven until it gets to between 225°F and 250°F.
- Get a shallow dish for your meatloaf and some foil for covering it. Some people use a trick that puts beef broth or gravy on the same plate to give the meatloaf more moisture. This reduces the chances of the meatloaf drying out.
- Put the meatloaf in the oven and take it out after 20 minutes.
- Leave it for some minutes and then serve.
Related Reading: Reviews of Toaster Ovens
Reheat Meatloaf In Microwave
The microwave guarantees that you’ll enjoy your meatloaf in the shortest time possible. Thus, if time is a factor, you should consider warming up your meatloaf using this method.
Some people are hesitant to try out the microwave method because they say that it drains the meatloaf’s moisture and makes it dry. If you choose to use this method, you need to know how to do it right.
- Ensure you have a microwave-friendly dish that you’ll put the meatloaf in. Cover it with a paper towel which should be both clean and damp.
- Set the microwave to reheat for about 2-4 minutes. The exact time should depend on how hot your microwave gets. Take out the meatloaf and press the center to see whether it is hot. If they are warm enough, you can remove them but put the meatloaves back for another second or two.
- When satisfied that the meatloaves are warm, get them out of the microwave and enjoy.
View this post on Instagram
Reheating Meatloaf In Airfryer
If you’re living in an uncomfortably small place or if you’re putting up in college dorms, then an air fryer is an excellent choice for you.
You can also choose to cook and reheat food using this appliance if you like how the air fryer makes food crispy.
- Cut the meatloaf into slices if you hadn’t done that already.
- Spray both sides of the slices using cooking spray.
- Put the meatloaf slices in the basket inside the air fryer or infrared oven. You can use a spatula to do this.
- Put the meatloaf in the air fryer for approximately 10 minutes. They will have become brown and crispy. Avoid turning over the slices.
- Take out your meatloaf and enjoy.
Related Reading: Best Infrared Oven Reviews
In Crockpot/Slow Cooker
When you read instructions from the manufacturers of slow cookers, they are clear that it is not advisable to use the cookware to directly warm up your food.
That’s why you’ll also need an oven or microwave for this.
- Preheat the slow cooker by turning on the high setting. Also, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Put the meatloaves in the slow cooker. It should only be 2/3 full at the most.
- Put the crock in the microwave or oven, depending on which one you are using. Remember to remove the crock’s lid before doing this.
- Let the food warm up to 165°F. You can use a food thermometer to check the temperature.
- Get the crock out of the microwave or oven.
- Use the warming section inside the slow cooker to ensure the food stays warm.
- Lower the temperature of the slow cooker. The ideal temperature is warm or low setting.
More Meatloaf Reheating Tips
Meat needs adequate moisture
The top reason meatloaf dries out during reheating is if it loses its moisture. This happens mainly when too much heat is used. On the other hand, excessive moisture will make meat go bad. Therefore, you need to find a balance by ensuring your meatloaf has enough moisture to keep it soft without spoiling it.
Undercooked meat is the best
I know that this is not what you were expecting, but it’s the truth. If you want your meatloaf to come out perfectly, remove the heat when you notice that the outer layer of the meat has become pink. The heat that the meat has accumulated will ensure that the middle section is ready. The meatloaf will therefore not dry out quickly when reheating meatloaf.
You need a large area and a good wrap to warm up the meat
Remember that the goal when warming up meatloaf is to prevent it from losing moisture. That is why wraps come in handy. Some people use foil and damp paper towels. If you don’t do this, you’ll end up with dry and crispy meatloaf.
Store your leftover meatloaf in the refrigerator
Sometimes, we usually leave our leftover food on the kitchen counter. When you do this with meatloaf, it gets bacteria and goes bad quickly. The best way to keep your meatloaf fresh is to store it in the refrigerator until the time you’ll need to reheat it.
What is Meatloaf?
Meatloaf is enjoyed by people from various parts of the world. It slightly varies in how it’s prepared from one region to another. Meatloaf is a favorite in many American homes. This is because it is not only easy to prepare, but it is also delicious.
It is usually served during dinner.
The main ingredients in this food are ground meat and loaves, as the name suggests. However, some people use poultry, pork, turkey, and lamb to prepare their meat.
The meat is typically ground, and other ingredients such as onions, eggs, and ketchup are added to it before it is shaped to look like a loaf of bread. After that, this mixture is smoked or baked. Once the loaf has been cooked, you can slice it to create various portions you can then eat.
The meatloaf is usually served with tomato or any type of sauce, such as barbeque sauce. Brown gravy can also be added to it.
It is not wise to throw away leftover food, especially now that we have so many ways of reheating them and getting them to almost the taste they had when they were freshly prepared. This applies to meatloaf too.
With the methods discussed here, you can save the money you would have to prepare another meal. You will not use a lot of effort in making fresh food since the meatloaf only requires rewarming, and you will have to prevent unnecessary waste by throwing the food away.
It is not simply about throwing the meatloaves in the oven or microwave. You need to follow the specific steps and instructions for the various reheating methods. That is how you’ll ensure that your meatloaf is tasty even after warming it up.
It, therefore, goes without saying that it is vital to learn how to warm up the meatloaf.