Deciding what cookware set to buy should not be taken for granted.
We cannot deny the fact that we prefer cheap utensils and plates, cheap woks, etc. over those that cost twice or thrice as much. The logic behind this mentality is that they’re just objects for cooking or heating purposes, why spend two hundred bucks for them?
However, practically speaking, it will cost more to buy low-priced kitchen utensils that will not last a year, or even less, than something that may require a little more investment but could last for 3-5 years, right?
When purchasing an product, we should not be evaluating only the price, but it’s quality as well.
In this review, I will be explaining to you mommies, daddies, or whoever is in-charge of preparing your family’s meals, the different types of kitchenware sets, together with its advantages and disadvantages.
There are no biases; everything that is written is real and based on facts.
Let’s begin with learning about the best pans and pots sets in different price ranges – below $100, $200, and so on.
If you are looking for information about cookware types and brands, please scroll down. We will get to it.
- Best Cookware Under 100
- Best Cookware Set Under 200
- Best Cookware Set Under 300
- Best Cookware Set Under 400
- Best Kitchenware Set Under 500
- Ceramic Cookware
- Stainless Steel Cookware
- #1 Cuisinart MCP-12N MultiClad Pro Stainless 12-Piece Cookware Kit (Highly Rated)
- #2 Farberware Classic Steel 17-Piece Set 71238 (Versatile)
- #3 Cuisinart 77-10 Chef’s Classic 10-Piece Cookware Set (Popular)
- #4 Cuisinart 77-7 Chef’s Classic Stainless 7-Piece Cookware Set (Affordable)
- Cleaning Steel Kitchen Ware
- Hard Anodized Cookware
- Best Pots and Pans Brands
Best Cookware Under 100
I had chosen the Rachael Ray Cucina Hard Porcelain Enamel Nonstick 12-Piece set (see below) as the best pots and pans set in the price range below $100. And then I noticed that the price had gone up.
So now I am reviewing a bunch of affordable cookware for reviewing.
Best Cookware Set Under 200
I have selected two cooking utensil sets in the price range under $200.
Rachael Ray Cucina Hard Porcelain Enamel Nonstick 12-Piece Cookware Set
Rachael Ray Agave Blue 16344 (more colors available)This 12-piece kitchenware set includes two covered saucepans, one covered stockpot, two skillets and a sauté pan. Two utensils are also included – a slotted turner and a slotted spoon.
The set’s sturdy enamel porcelain surface is what enables it’s users to cook up to maximum heat (oven safe to 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
The Rachel Ray Cucina set comes in simple and basic warm colors (listed below), according to its primary function: increasing the amount of time the food can be heated and stays heated.
All utensils are nonstick (as the name itself would suggest) so the food does not stick, doing the cooking and cleaning the mess afterward incredibly easy.
This Rachel Ray set is also well known for its durability; it has been designed to withstand both maximum heat and use. Even after years of use, you can expect the items to remain as functional as new; many customers are amazed about how the paint still has not peeled away!
As long as the set pieces are always cleaned after use, you may be assured that the product will have years to go by before it has to be discarded.
Additionally, the glass lids are shatter-resistant, and the steel handles have been rubberized, so users do not have to worry about their hands being burnt off since the handles do not get hot very quickly.
This set is manufactured by Meyer and available in:
- Agave Blue 16344 (most popular)
- Cranberry Red 16339
- Lavender Purple 16783
- Mushroom Brown 16333
- Pumpkin Orange 16328
- Sea Salt Gray 16802
T-fal C836SD Ultimate Stainless Steel 13-Piece Cookware Set
T-fal C836SDThis is a 13-piece cookware set, which is comprised of two fry pans (an 8-inch and a 12-inch), one 12-inch covered fry pan, and three saucepans and a covered stew pot.
The T-fal C836SD has been crafted with stainless steel, and the set pieces have a base with multiple layers and a copper bottom. A copper bottom ensures that the food is being cooked at an even and fast heat wave.
The cookware set’s overall stainless steel is instrumental in keeping intact the stain grey surface of T-fal C836SD, no matter how much it gets used.
It is the specialty of this set; the steel construction offers long-lasting durability even at maximum use.
The handles are also built in stainless steel, ensuring it will never get hot to the touch. In addition to the outer stainless cover, the handles are too riveted in silicone, making them easy to use and clean as well.
The pieces are nonstick both inward and on the outside, so you should have no trouble getting the mess off in no time.
Another good thing about the T-fal C836SD is that despite carrying all these additional facilities, it weighs no more than you would expect it to. They are neither too heavy nor too light that it will slide right off the stove.
The T-fal C836SD set will prove to be a long-term investment. It will give you your money’s worth!
Best Cookware Set Under 300
T-fal E765SH Hard Anodized Titanium 17-Piece Cookware Set
T-fal E765SHThe T-fal E765SH is a dream-come-true for the everyday user!
It is a 17-piece set and as the name would suggest, the aluminum make on the surface is hard anodized, making it the ultimate durable kitchenware product.
But that is not the feature that makes the T-fal E765SH so desirable; a unique function is its Thermo Spot heat indicator which alerts the user as to when the pan has been properly preheated.
If you add food to the pan only after it is ready to cook, it enables the food items to retain their original nutrients in the finished food dish.
The interior is stainless steel, making the cooking process easy and fast.
According to the users, seasoning pans, which are stainless steel, is also a less challenging task.
Along with the preheat option and the non-stick durability, the T-fal E765SH is a no-brainer when it comes to selecting long-lasting cooking utensils.
As an additional treat, it also comes with glass lids installed with steam holes. This way, the user can always keep a watch on the processing of the food dish.
So, take your pick today; you only have to choose a color because, among the 17 pieces, it would be hard to find a pan that you need but is not included in the list for the T-fal E765SH.
When it comes to such a multifaceted item that is prone to last longer than most others, a price tag of around $300 should not be an issue of hesitation.
Best Cookware Set Under 400
Calphalon Signature Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware 8-Piece Set 1948247
Calphalon 1948247This 8-piece set consists of two omelet pans (a 10-inch and a 12-inch), two covered saucepans; a covered sauté pan and a covered stockpot.
This utensil collection is everything you need to get through the day-to-day culinary routine.
The Calphalon Signature set is easy to use and clean as if it were crafted in the art of stainless steel. But, no, it is not. Instead, it uses a Signature Sear Nonstick Interior construction, which is just as effective as steel.
People with heart conditions may be advised to use this set since the nonstick properties are a great way of implementing low fat and healthy cooked dishes.
Along with the main pieces, there are also 2 long silicone riveted handles that are never hot to the touch. What makes the cooking process even more comfortable is the tempered glass covers. These see-through covered pans enable you to monitor your cooking without having to open the lids numerous times and thus, running the risk of the food getting cold.
According to customer reviews, what is probably the best thing about the Calphalon Signature Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware items is that they can withstand the pressure of metal utensils.
Now, you no longer have to compromise with wood or silicone utensils to avoid the risk of ruining your cooking pan or pot.
With all these various facilities, this cookware collection is hands down the best one in the price range of $400. We dare you to find a better one!
Best Kitchenware Set Under 500
All-Clad E785SC64 HA1 Hard Anodized 10-Piece Cookware Set 2100090555
All-Clad E785SC64 HA1The All-Clad E785SC64 is all clad with 2 fry pans (one is an 8 inch while the other is 10 inch), 2 saucepans with closed lids, a sauté pan with a lid and a stockpot with a cover as well.
This set has excellent features: a hard-anodized aluminum surface with a nonstick interior which can heat food up to 500 degrees without causing any kind of damage to the utensil. So, what else does the All-Clad E785SC64 bring to the table?
You may find only a few cooking utensils on the market that comes with the option for induction cooking. Well, the All-Clad E785SC64 is specially designed for this particular function, which brings everything into perspective, namely the price.
There may not be many manuafactureres who dare to charge as much as $500 for their kitchenware collections, but there are also only a few that can use induction technology.
The pots are also high quality and emit an equally high quality of even heating that seems to exude from within the food while it is cooking. It makes sure that the nutrient properties of the food items are not lost and are instead locked into the final dish.
Another additional feature is the shape of the pieces themselves; they all have a specific cauldron-like form which helps a great deal in keeping the balance while the user is stirring or sautéing the food.
If you’re looking for an affordable kitchenware set that is easily cleaned and heats up faster than any ordinary kitchenware, then you might consider ceramic kitchenware (click here to see them on Amazon!) .
Here are the benefits or advantages of using ceramic utensils:
- Ceramic kitchenware is, of course, made of or coated with ceramics. Since it’s wrapped with ceramic, it is already scratch-resistant.
- It also has a non-stick surface. You can fry any food you want without it being stuck in your pan.
- Moreover, because of its ceramic coating, each utensil heats up quicker and fairly or evenly even in high temperature.
- Some ceramic-made utensils do not contain lead and cadmium, so they are safe to use.
- With all its unique features, it is also affordable and attainable by anybody.
On the darker side, there are also some negative feedbacks obtained from previous to current users of ceramic cookware:
- Given that it has a non-stick surface, silver spatulas or any metal utensils are not recommended for use.
- It is also not advisable to clean it using dish-washing machines, or else it will not last.
- Yes, some are lead and cadmium free, but NOT all. As we all know, these elements are dangerous to the human body.
- Since the handle of ceramic-made kitchenware is not made of metal, it cannot be used in ovens or microwaves.
Stainless Steel Cookware
If ceramic kitchenware is not your type and what you are after are the style and elegance at the same time its quality, then stainless steel cookware set is the one you are looking for.
There are various reasons why steel cooking utensils are trendy:
- First and foremost, the designs are beyond marvelous. They are elegant and contemporary. They are even comfortable to use.
- Unlike the handles of other kitchenware types, its handle bends a little higher so that your fingers will not touch the hot lid, and it makes you feel you are in control of the grip. Since they are made of steel, the handles remain cool even on top of the stove or pan.
- The steel lids or covers are tight-fit that also contribute to the regulation of heat inside the pot or pan.
- Are you having dripping problems? The rims of each item are all tapered to avoid dripping.
- Its core is pure aluminum that regulates heat and for the better-quality heating procedure. Like the ceramic kitchenware, it heats up and cools quickly.
- All are oven safe and could stay up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The benefits of using steel kitchen tools do not end there. This kind of kitchenware is excellent even for classic techniques such as frying, browning, searing, sautéing, and also for inventing delicious sauces.
- If you’re too tired to clean all the pieces you used, you can wash all of them by using dishwashing machine.
Nothing is perfect after all. With almost everything you want in kitchenware, stainless steel still has some flaws in it
- Of course, with its superb features, stainless steel kitchenware costs a lot more.
- You will be having a little hard time adjusting to this type of set, and it also requires maintenance.
- Lastly, the warranty is still questionable.
If you are fond of cooking and would love to have durable cooking sets at home for making your family’s dinners, why don’t you opt for stainless steel cookware sets?
They are made of high-quality steel that is sure to outlast your cooking. If you are a student chef or you have a large family who gathers on the table each night, you better get utensils that can accommodate a large volume of food.
You may opt for smaller non-stick collection, let’s say a 7-piece if you are single and lives alone. All you need would be the basic pans and pots.
You may also need a larger set if you cook complicated dishes that require various food preparations and therefore, many pans and pots of different sizes and functions.
Cuisinart and Faberware, as well as Rachael Ray, offer a number of different options for you. I have also reviewed several Wolfgang Puck steel cookware sets.
#1 Cuisinart MCP-12N MultiClad Pro Stainless 12-Piece Cookware Kit (Highly Rated)
Made from solid 18/10 steel with interiors that are mirror-finished and brush exteriors, they are very durable.
What is included:
- 2 saucepans (1-1/2- and 3-quart) with lids
- 1 saucepan (3-1/2-quart) with lid
- 1 stockpot (8 quarts) with lid
- 2 skillets (8- and 10-inch)
- 1 strainer insert with cover
#2 Farberware Classic Steel 17-Piece Set 71238 (Versatile)
This 17-piece set from Farberware includes pans and pots as well as aluminum mixing bowls. The lids are tight-fitting to seal in the nutrients while you are cooking.
For superior performance, it is made from 18/10 steel with oven-proof handles.
The set includes:
- 3 saucepans with stainless covers
- 2 sauce pots with stainless covers
- 2 nonstick aluminum skillets
- 3 nesting mixing bowls with plastic lids
- 1 nonstick cooking sheet
- 1 nonstick cake pan
#3 Cuisinart 77-10 Chef’s Classic 10-Piece Cookware Set (Popular)
Cuisinart 77-10How about a 10-piece set for your family dinners? This non-stick kitchenware is fitted with solid and stay cool handles for your protection while cooking.
This product includes:
- 2 saucepans (1-1/2- and 3-quart) with lids
- 1 stockpot (8 quart) with lid
- 1 saute pan (3-1/2-quart) with lids
- 2 skillets (8- and 10-inch)
#4 Cuisinart 77-7 Chef’s Classic Stainless 7-Piece Cookware Set (Affordable)
Cuisinart 77-7If you want a basic set, here’s a 7-piece non-stick cookware set that you can have. It is made from high-grade aluminum which ensures quick heating and even cooking.
The set has:
- 2 saucepans (1 1/2 and 3-quart) with lids
- 1 stockpot (8-quart) with lid
- 1 skillet (10-inch)
Cleaning Steel Kitchen Ware
I have found this great article about taking care of your steel cookware.
Hard Anodized Cookware
But if you think having ceramic kitchenware makes you feel something is missing and having a stainless steel kitchenware set is too pricey for you, why not try the hard anodized kitchenware?
Here are the reasons why hard anodized cookware is more preferred by others:
- It is less expensive than a steel utensils
- It has a built-in Thermo-spot heat indicator that signals you if it is correctly heated and ready to cook on and a TechnoResist Anti-Warp base that resists any kind of warp that helps in the distribution of heat without overheating your food.
- It is like a combined ceramic and steel kind of kitchenware. It is scratch resistant and has a non-stick surface but at the same time pro-metal, where you can use metal or silver utensils without leaving a mark or scratch.
- It is also safe for dish-washing
- The handles are made of silicone
As for the downside of hard anodized kitchenware, nothing much is said about it. The only problems are:
- You can execute all cooking method EXCEPT induction.
- Unlike steel utensils, it can only stay as high as 300 degrees Fahrenheit
One of the most popular sets of this type is coming from Rachael Ray.
Now that you already know the differences between each cookware type, have you chosen what you really want?
Cooking will be more comfortable and safer with the right equipment. If you get inferior cookware, you might just end up with food that takes too long to cook or food with less nutritional value.
To prevent you and your loved ones from wasting the food value, different brands carry hard anodized cookware. These are nonstick utensils made with premium aluminum construction.
Not only do you make good food because of the right temperature and even cooking from this cookware, but the stay cool handles also keep your hands away from burns.
Remember that some of these kitchen utensils should not be washed in your dishwasher. Anyway, you won’t be spending so much time scratching away because of the nonstick surface that is also very easy to clean.
These are durable cookware that has a lifetime warranty. So, there will be a big help to you when you are immersed in your passion which is cooking.
Rachael Ray 80655 10-Piece Hard-Anodized Orange Cookware Set
This set is being made with hard-anodized aluminum for quick and even heating.
The silicone grips offer secure handling, and the glass lids allow you to monitor your cooking.
The 10-piece set includes:
- 2 covered saucepans (1-1/2- and 3-quart)
- 1 covered stockpot (6-quart)
- 1 covered saute pan (3-quart)
- 2 French skillets (8- and 10-inch)
KitchenAid 82540 10-Piece Nonstick Hard Anodized Cookware Set
KitchenAid 82540Cook like a pro with this 10 piece set from KitchenAid that has a scratch-free surface for better food release.
These nonstick cooking utensils will help you cook better food for your family.
They have glass lids that are break-resistant as well as dual riveted handles with silicone grips.
The 10-piece set includes:
- 2 covered saucepans (1-, and 2-quart)
- 1 covered saute (3-quart)
- 1 covered stockpot (8-quart)
- 2 skillets (8- and 9-1/2-inch)
KitchenAid 82545 Gourmet Essentials 12-Piece Nonstick Hard-Anodized Cookware Set
KitchenAid 82545Prepare your meals in using this KitchenAid 82545 cookware set and find out that it is quicker and better!
The aluminum heats fast and evenly for proper cooking. Also, the glass lids seal in the nutrients since you do not have to open it now and then just to check.
The 12-piece set includes:
- 2 covered saucepans (1.5 and 2-quart)
- 1 covered stockpot (8-quart)
- 1 covered saute pan (3-quart)
- 2 skillets (8.5 and 10-inch)
Best Pots and Pans Brands
In addition to the brands mentioned in this review I want to mention these cooking utensils manufacturers – Cuisinart, AmazonBasics, Vremi, Cook N Home, GreenLife, Simple Chef, Copper Chef, Heim Concept, Paula Deen, Calphalon, Chef’s Star, Copper Pan, Deik, Circulon, Cooks Standard, GreenPan.
Each of them offers something unique. I can promise you will see many of these names in the upcoming reviews.