We all love pizza, at least most of us do. It’s normally yummy and tasty when it has just being delivered. The problem comes in when it gets cold because it’s no longer as inviting as it did initially.
You can take pizza if you live alone and don’t want to cook, are a busy mom and don’t have a lot of time to prepare a full homemade meal or if you simply love the crispy, meaty taste it has.
All in all, you need to know the best way to reheat pizza in toaster oven because we normally have leftovers most of the time.
If you don’t want to eat cold, soggy pieces then keep reading.
A toaster oven is the best way you can get back the juicy, crispy, taste that this dish had before it went cold. Here are the steps you can follow with the best toaster oven to achieve that.
- Start by preheating the oven. Let it get to 450°F. It is important that the baking pan you will be using sits inside the oven during this time.
- When temperatures get to 450°F, take out the baking pan and put the pizza on it. You can place aluminum foil on the pan if you don’t want to clean up a lot of mess afterwards.
- Put the pan back in the oven and give the delicacy about 10 minutes to get warm.
- Check on the slices to ensure they are properly reheated and then get them out. Give it about 5 minutes on the pan and then you are free to eat it.
You can apply the same procedure when warming up a hotdog.
These steps work even if you are dealing with frozen pizza. The only extra step you will add is leaving it out of the pizza for about 1 to 2 hours so it can defrost. See my detailed guide to cooking frozen pizza here.
When it gets to room temperature, you can put it in the preheated oven and continue with the rest of the steps.
If you don’t give the slices time to defrost then the frost will become steam and then make the entire food soggy.
These tips will help ensure that you warm up the pie properly.
- Always heat up your oven before you put the slices in there. Preheating makes the dish to come out with a crispy crust which is what you want rather than it having it all soggy.
- Avoid using too much heat when rewarming it. 450°F is the right temperature you should stick to. Extremely high temperatures will burn the food. Once the cheese starts to melt, you’ll know that your pizza is ready.
- A tip that works well for some people is spritzing some water on the top part of the pie. This helps to lock in moisture and prevents it from drying out.
- There is an option of placing the food directly on the oven rack instead of using a baking pan. Some people feel that this method is quicker because it only takes around 7 minutes.
- Learn from your experience and tweak the process depending on your oven type.
One thing about this style of reheating is that it can become messy. The best part is that it will allow the upper and lower sides of the treat to properly warm up because they are exposed to direct heat.
You can use a sheet of foil to avoid the mess. If you decide to go with a sheet or baking pan then that’s where preheating the appliance comes in because if you don’t then the upper layer will not be too crispy.
If you follow these different methods, you will end up with the same results.
You can always eat your leftover pizza cold. However, that cannot be compared to the feeling and smell of a freshly made pie. That is why knowledge about the best way to reheat pizza comes in handy.
If you constantly consume pie then you will appreciate this knowledge. The methods outlined here ensure that you not only warm your pizza but get it to taste the same way it did when it was freshly made.
The crust will come out crispy which most people enjoy and you will have your cheese melting on top.