Onions rings are yummy and most of us enjoy eating them. The problem comes in when we have some leftovers and we don’t know what to do. That’s why you should learn about the best way to reheat onion rings.
You might have prepared your onion rings or may have ordered from a restaurant and couldn’t finish all of it. You do not have to throw them away since there are various ways you can warm them up.
Many people consider it challenging because their reheated leftover onion rings sometimes do not taste as good as they did when they were freshly prepared.
The key is to ensure that your onions rings are warm without getting soggy.
You no longer have to worry about what to do with the leftover onion rings. Here are 3 working methods you can use to not only reheat your onion rings but to also keep them crispy.
In A Pan
Some people do not know this but the easiest way how to properly reheat onion rings so they are crispy is in a pan. What happens with this method is that you basically re-fry the onion rings.
This method is fast and makes your cooked onion rings crispy.
- Place your pan on the stove.
- Pour some oil on the pan.
- Lay your onion rings on the pan and start frying. Fry until you see that they are adequately hot. It is time to enjoy your tasty leftover onion rings.
Related Reading: Best Cookware Set Review
In Oven/Toaster Oven
Warming up your onion rings in an oven or toaster oven will give you excellent results. An oven perfectly heats up onion rings without losing their crispiness. It is vital to note that you can only achieve this if you do it correctly.
- You need to preheat your oven before anything else. Let it get to a temperature of 350oF.
- Take your onion rings and cover them with foil (aluminum works really well) and put them in the oven.
- Leave them in the oven for approximately 10 to 15 minutes. After that, check on them to see if they are warm enough and crispy.
- Eat your onion rings when hot.
In Air Fryer
Is reheating onion rings in air fryer a valid option?
Yes, you can warm up your onion rings in an air fryer. The good news is that they will come out crispy too.
- Put cooking spray on your onion rings. Do this for all sides so it can reheat properly.
- Lay the rings in the basket inside the air fryer and let them reheat at temperatures of 375oF. 10 minutes should be enough. Check if they are golden brown and crispy. You should flip over the rings about 5 minutes into it to ensure they get reheated evenly.
Can you warm up onion rings in the microwave? Yes, you can, but you should not.
It is natural for us to think that we can reheat all kinds of food in the microwave. After all, it is meant for reheating. However, this does not work with onion rings.
The most enjoyable thing about onion rings is their crispiness. The microwave messes with that and you will be deeply disappointed by the results if you choose this method.
The microwave makes fried foods soggy and this is what will happen to your onion rings if you attempt to warm them in it. Imagine how soggy onion rings look like. You wouldn’t want to eat them.
You would have wasted your good onion rings. I have found out that the same also applies to warming up blooming onion.
The bottom line – if you are wondering how to reheat onion rings in the microwave, think again, and chose another method.
Onion rings are delicious, there’s no question about that. As tasty they are, you might have some leftover baked or cooked onion rings. They will not have the same taste they did when they were hot. Some people get disappointed by that and throw them away.
This does not have to happen. All you need to do is to master reheating onion rings. There are various ways in which you can do this as mentioned above.
The key thing to always remember is to keep the microwave as a last option when it comes to heating up leftover onion rings because your goal is to have the rings both hot and crispy.
The oven is the best option. If you have one then you can use it. The stove also gives good results. Choose what you prefer.
Try warming up your onion rings and see what happens. All the best.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to store leftover onion rings?
What is the right oven temperature to reheat onion rings?