One of the things that people find challenging is how to reheat mozzarella sticks. There are different opinions on how to warm up these sticks, and all those views might confuse one.
What worries most individuals is that sometimes, the reheated cheese sticks come out dry, and the crust does not become crispy. The trick is to know the proper way of warming them.
Freshly prepared mozzarella sticks taste amazing. The discouraging news is that it doesn’t taste the same after a while, especially if you had put them in the freezer.
This should not be the end of the world because you can reheat your sticks and continue enjoying them. However, you need to do it right.
View this post on Instagram
MOZZARELLA STICKS 🧀 Before going vegan, mozzarella sticks (what I call mozzi sticks) were arguably my favorite food next to pizza. I was a big cheese fan if you couldn’t tell. I liked them so much that whenever they were on the menu, I ordered them, even if they were from McDonalds. After having now also tried many as a vegan, I can definitely say these are by far my FAVORITE MOZZI STICKS. The cheese on the inside is @violife_foods, which is perfectly melted and stretchy, but the breadcrumb mixture on the outside is where the real magic happens!
You shouldn’t worry about spending a lot of time cooking because what you’ll be doing is warming them up. It is vital to try out the different ways of reheating mozzarella sticks to find the one that works for you.
Warming up your cheese sticks is not difficult because you don’t need to do a lot of cooking. There isn’t one type of method that must be used to reheat the sticks.
You can choose the procedure you prefer based on the reheating item you have and the results you want to achieve. You may need to try out the various methods to know which works best for you.
Here are some of how you can warm up your mozzarella sticks.
How To Reheat Mozzarella Sticks In Oven
You cannot compare reheated mozzarella sticks with freshly made ones. However, using an oven to warm up with the sticks will give you a near experience to the freshly prepared ones.
You need to be patient when warming cheese sticks in an oven because it’s not as fast as it is with a microwave.
- Preheat the oven until the temperature gets to 350oF.
- Put your Farm Rich Mozzarella Sticks on a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet inside the oven and leave it for between 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how fast your oven warms up food. You can turn them over with a spatula after about 4 minutes to ensure that it warms evenly.
- Get the sticks out of the oven and enjoy your treat.
It is important to note that you can also reheat cheese sticks if you have frozen them.
The only difference is that you’ll preheat the oven to a temperature of 450oF and leave it in the oven for about 8 to 15 minutes.
How To Reheat Mozzarella Sticks In Toaster Oven
If you have a quality toaster oven, you are in luck when warming up mozzarella sticks. This appliance provides excellent results.
- Preheat the toaster to 450oF.
- Place the TGI Friday’s mozzarella sticks on a baking sheet.
- Put the cheese sticks in the toaster oven for about 8 to 9 minutes.
The final result will be mozzarella sticks that are crisp on the outside.
Related Reading: Best Toaster Oven Review For 2021
How To Reheat Cheese Sticks In Pan or Deep Fryer
- Pour some oil on your pan or deep fryer.
- Preheat the oil to 350oF. A deep-fry thermometer will come in handy because it will show you the temperature when the oil is heating up.
- Put the Costco Fried Mozzarella Cheese Stick in the oil.
- Start frying the cheese sticks. Do so for approximately one or two minutes, and you will notice their color changes to a golden brown. Remove the mozzarella sticks from the pan and put them on paper towels. You can now serve them.
Related Reading: Best Cookware Sets By Price Range
How To Reheat Mozzarella Sticks In Microwave
People have different thoughts on whether or not to use a microwave for reheating cheese sticks. Some have a rule against never putting any deep-fried food in the microwave because they become soggy. In contrast, others have no problem doing it.
If you decide to use a microwave (maybe you feel adventurous today, or the microwave is the only appliance available, 10 to 15 seconds are enough for the sticks to get warm. However, you should already know how fast your microwave warms up food from your experience. This will help you to determine how long to reheat it while preventing it from turning soggy.
- Get a microwave-safe plate and arrange your cheese sticks moderately on it.
- Put the Giorgio Italian Breaded Mozzarella sticks or any other cheese sticks in the microwave and choose high power.
- Let the mozzarella warm up for approximately 30 seconds.
- Roll the mozzarella sticks over and put them back in the microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Cut one stick open and confirm whether the inside part is warm. Also, ensure that the cheese is melting. If the mozzarella has properly warmed, then you can enjoy it. If not, you can put it back in the microwave for another 30 seconds.
When warming up your sticks in the microwave, you should keep in mind that leaving them in there for too long will make the sticks hard.
This is because the heat sucks out the gluten in the mozzarella. The sticks then become dry.
Reheating Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
One of the things you should keep in mind while warming up frozen cheese sticks is that you need to spread them out. When the sticks have enough room on the baking sheet, they will warm evenly and adequately.
It is essential to note that you should maintain the temperatures at 400oF and above (up to 450oF) if dealing with frozen sticks to enable the heat to get inside the mozzarella sticks.
View this post on Instagram
You no longer have to be frustrated when you prepare delicious mozzarella sticks, and you have leftovers. You don’t have to throw them away or eat them cold.
Your cheese sticks can be safely stored in the refrigerator and later warmed up. All you need to do is apply the methods mentioned here on how to warm up mozzarella sticks.