One Sunday morning I was standing at my kitchen counter and trying to figure out what to make for breakfast for my family.
I looked at my 30-year-old Cuisin Art kitchen processor, and…I noticed that its plastic bowl has cracked…
That’s terrible news, but they say that bad news often comes with good news. We are going to have a new food processor!
That is how I got the Cuisinart FP-14DC Elite!
What Are People Looking For In A Kitchen Processor?
I did a research online on what people want to see on their product chopper. Here’s what I found.
- People expect their appliance to last more than ten years, even 20 to 30 years.
- The processor has to be versatile – powerful enough to make a dough and chop the ice, and accurate enough to slice vegetables into paper-thin slices.
- There is always a dilemma – powerful or quiet? Better it be both.
- People don’t like to run recipes in multiple batches, so the big bowl is a must.
- The kitchen tool should be easy to disassemble and clean.
- A storage box for accessories is a must-have as nobody likes to rummage through the kitchen drawer trying to find that one blade.
Why Cuisinart FP-14DC?
Initially, I decided that I will buy two new food processors – a 14 cup unit, and one smaller bowl unit. But then I found the FP14DC model, and I quickly realized that it is all I need.
The first thing I loved about this machine is the three bowls – 14 cup bowl will make you forget how it was to split your recipes into two or three batches.
It is essential for me as I am often cooking large servings of cookies and pizzas.
And there are also 11 cup and 4.5 cup bowls for smaller tasks, so no more washing bowls in between cooking. There is more – the bowls nest, so they do not require extra space.
That’s important because I can’t find a place to hide 3 bowls in my 10’x10’ box kitchen.
Thanks to the manufacturer for including the storage box for blades and slicing discs – that’s an excellent idea.
I was keeping old processor blades in the cupboard drawer, and I have painfully sliced my finger several times while hunting for the missing blade.
Now you can store everything in one place, and the box is small enough to keep it on the counter.
I was excited to learn that there is an adjustable slicing blade – you can adjust it from 1mm to 6mm. I love to make cucumber my salad with paper thin cucumber slices!
Many users of this appliance are saying that it is powerful (1000 watts!), but very quiet. Now you can use your kitchen tool while your kids are sleeping!
This appliance is easy to clean – just spray it with some soapy water and give it a quick brush with a bristled scrub brush. Rinse and repeat if necessary.
There is something you won’t find on many other processors – this kitchen appliance comes with a 10-year warranty on the motor! 10 years?! Wow! That’s a quality!
Cuisinart FP-14DC vs Cuisinart FP-14DCN – What Is The Difference?
Cuisinart FP-14DCN Elite 2.0 is the new version of this food chopper.
I am working on the updates for this review that will discuss the differences between old and new model,
- 1000-watt power
- 3 work bowls included – 14-cup, 4-1/2-cup, and 11-cup work bowls
- Included blades – adjustable slicing disc (1 to 6mm), shredding disc (fine/medium), dough blade, and large and small chopping/mixing blades
- Modes controlled by touchpad – normal, dough, and pulse
- SealTight™ Advantage System for safety – lid seals the bowl and locks blades
- 20-Year Motor Warranty
- 3-Year Limited Warranty
- Made of BPA free plastic
- Available in white, black, and die-cast finish
How Much Are 14 Cups?
Did I mention that fourteen cups is a lot of stuff? The FP-14DC can handle A LOT of food, like:
- 14 cups of shredded vegetables or fruit
- 12 cups of chopped or cooked pureed veggies or fruit
- 12 cups prepared pureed fruit or vegetables
- 10 cups of thin liquid, e.g., soup
- 7 cups nuts for home-made nut butter
- 6 cups of flour or 4 cups whole wheat for bread dough
- Dough for 8 dozen average size chocolate chip cookies
- 9-inch cheesecake recipes
- 8-inch cake layers
- 2 pounds of chopped or pureed meat or fish
What Do You Get With Cuisinart Food Processor FP-14DC?
I have to admit that Cuisinart FP14DC is not cheap, but look at what you get for this price!
There are three bowls included, so you can say that it’s three food processors for the price of one.
You will also get adjustable slicing disk and two-sided shredding disk, so no need to spend extra money on extra discs.