How to cook frozen pizza in toaster oven is something many people struggle with. If you don’t do it right, it might come out mushy which can be a great disappointment.
One thing you should know about using an oven is that your pizza has to fit in it. If it is small then you will have to cut this treat into two in order for it to fit. This becomes a problem if it is not frozen.
The crust of the delicacy helps to make sure that the toppings are in place. When you cut it before cooking it, the toppings will melt over the edges.
If you put it in a tray below it, the tray will catch the overflowing toppings. However, the bottom part will not be crispy because the tray will act as an insulator.
Here are the instructions to follow to help you prepare this delicious treat in a toaster oven.
It is important to note that defrosting is not necessary in this case.
- Preheat the best toaster oven to the highest temperature it can go.
- Give it ten minutes or more if you have a big one and five minutes if your oven is small.
- Take away all the material used to pack the treat.
- Place your pizza in the oven. As mentioned before, using a tray will prevent the bottom part from becoming crusty. Therefore, make sure not to use a container or baking tray when exposing it to heat. The heat should directly come in contact with the food. A grill is best suited for this because it allows hot air to flow below it. That is why you should put the treat as close to the top part as possible so it can get enough heat.
- Check on it after approximately 5-7 minutes because it tends to cook fast. However, the exact time differs from one oven to another.
- When it is ready, most of the cheese in the middle will be light brown in color. You can take it out and enjoy.
Related Reading: Best Way To Reheat Pizza In Toaster Oven
Tips and Tricks
There are tips and tricks that will help you get the best results when making pizza in a toaster oven. Here we go.
Cut the pizza while frozen
If your oven is big enough to accommodate your pizza, you don’t have to cut it. If it is small then you have no option than to cut it. Also, you may choose to cut it if you don’t plan on eating all of it at once. You can save the rest to eat later.
Some people find that it comes out soggy if they cook all of it at once and so they prefer to cut it. Others say that it cooks evenly when cut into slices.
Regardless of the reason, when you decide to split it, you need to do it while it’s frozen. If you cut it after it has thawed, the cheese and other toppings will start to overflow and you will have made a mess.
Use a solid kitchen knife for cutting
Now, that we’ve established that you need to cut the delicacy while frozen, how do we go about it? Just like any other food, it is is harder when frozen. Therefore, not any knife will do.
This is why you need a sturdy kitchen knife for the job.
Cut it on a firm surface
You need a firm surface for cutting it. Open the original packaging and get to work. You don’t need to use a plate. The box and cardboard under the treat will hold it in place.
A hard and flat surface will ensure it does not slide or move.
Apply pressure on the knife while cutting
Frozen pizza is hard. However, it doesn’t mean you should apply too much pressure on it while cutting. Cut it slightly and then exert pressure on the top part of the knife. It will just slide in easily.
If you do this, you will get a clean slice compared to when you put a lot of pressure on the knife before you get adequate cut in.
Put it directly on the oven.
Avoid using a pan, baking tray, aluminum foil or anything that will prevent it from getting direct heat if you want it to cook fast and come out golden brown and crispy.
Get Smart Oven
If you are often cooking meals from frozen products, you should consider getting a smart oven like Breville BMO870BSS Review with Smart Defrost and From Frozen modes.
When you practice these steps, you will know how to cook frozen pizza in the toaster oven. Once you master this, you will enjoy it and it will make your work easier.
This is because a toaster oven makes work easier and it cooks faster and you may find yourself eliminating other cooking appliances.
Pizza is delicious and you can easily prepare it in your kitchen. What you need to keep in mind is cutting it while frozen if you want to. This will prevent it from running as opposed to when you do it when it has thawed. Also, avoid using trays to get that crustiness at the bottom.
With these steps, you can always prepare this delicious treat for you and your family.
All the best as you put this into practice.
- Cuisinart TOB-195 Review
- Best Long Slot Toaster
- Breville BOV650XL Review
- How To Cook A Hotdog In A Toaster Oven
- Toaster Oven Types
- Where To Put Toaster Oven In Small Kitchen
- What Dessert Goes With Chili
- Easy Apple Pie Recipe With Homemade Crust
- How To Reheat Cinnamon Rolls In Oven
- How To Reheat Cornbread In Oven