There are many different types of blenders available in the market for specialized uses. These include the personal or single serving, high-performance, immersion, and countertop blenders.
Let’s begin with a quick review of different types of appliances.
- Blender Types
- Best Blenders For Frozen Margaritas
- Best Blender For Bulletproof Coffee And Other Hot Liquids
- What Is The Best Blender For Crushing Ice Cubes And Frozen Fruit?
- Vitamix Blender Lineup
- Best Blender Under $100/$200/$300
Immersion Or Hand Blenders
According to my research, hand blenders (also often called immersion blenders) are highly recommended products by the customers as it can be used anytime without any trouble.
They often have a two-speed options and a detachable shaft, and moreover, it has a cord. They It can be used for blending, chopping vegetables and fruit and even making cocktails.
It is effortless to use and more importantly- easy to clean. Although it is not as powerful as is required to grind all the ices, it is an excellent steal if the price range is also considered.
Although the product is much loved, there also had been a few complaints regarding it. According to my research, there can be heard a high-note shrill when the blender functions.
Another drawback – the blades are smaller in this edition. Having longer blades allows the work to be completed faster and also causes less friction and heat.
Coming back from all the negatives, it cannot be denied that this is a product that is very easy to use as it is handy and can be taken apart and then put it back together whenever needed. This blender also has a very powerful motor, which compensates for most of the cons.
When you are shopping for these handy and easy-to-use blenders, one of the most popular brands in this product category is Cuisinart. Equipped with a motor that has 200-watts of power, you can depend on the functionality of these tools, regardless of your needs. Their products are also seen to be excellent by many users because they are light and have an ergonomic design for comfortable grip and use.
Juiceman is another brand that can be considered when you are on the lookout for a hand tool. Their HB0001S used to be one of the most popular models within the product category because of its 550-watt motor. Aside from the variable speed settings, it also has a power boost feature for extreme blending needs.
Another choice is the Waring immersion blender. According to many customer reviews published online, a great feature of this unit is having a contoured grip, which makes it easy to handle. The stainless steel blade has also been commended because of its power and durability, and hence, extending the appliance’s functional life.
You also can not go wrong with kitchen tools from Mueller, KitchenAid, Cuisinart, Koios, Ovente, Braun, Chefman, and Philips.
If we made a list of frequently used household essentials, one of the top equipment to be found in the kitchen would be the countertop blender. After researching this variety of blenders, what I found is that we usually use this type of appliance to mix, combine and emulsify different elements.
The top allows the air to be tight and the substances to be secure. It easily saves the flaccid blends from being outspread all over the place. People love using it for making breakfast smoothies and even juices like the cabbage juice any time they want. However, most of the time, these blenders leave the pulp behind so the juices and smoothies have a pulpy taste to it- well, that’s healthy right? One more added benefit is that these blenders have the “pulse” option to step up your speed blending game.
On the negatives, these blenders make a lot of noises and are not always durable. However, if you want one that will not make a lot of noise and also last longer, you may want to spend some more money and get yourself a good quality blender. Trust me, you will never look back.
If you are looking for a product within this category, you will be confronted with several brands that can be taken into account. Regardless of the brand that is chosen, you should make sure that it has undergone a careful evaluation to be provided with an assurance that you will end up with a decision that you will not regret making.
The good thing about countertop blenders is that they are easy to use. You just leave it on the top of a flat surface, enter the function that is desired, and you have to wait for a short time before the output can be finally made. To add, it also serves as a decorative item in the kitchen, especially if you opt for a model that is aesthetically pleasing.
When looking for countertop models, you should look for the capacity of the product and make sure that it is enough for your needs to prevent blending several times. Besides, you also have to make sure that the pitchers are durable and that the blades are powerful to deliver the performance that is required.
List of the most popular brands also includes Hamilton Beach, Oster, Black & Decker, Aicok, KitchenAid, AmazonBasics, Cosori, Magic Bullet, and Cuisinart.
Personal and Single Serve Blenders
These appliances are recommended if you want one that can be used for your own purposes. Choosing this type will allow you to save a lot since you are supposed to only make what is right for your consumption. Use it if you live alone or if you always make a blended drink for your own.
Because these appliances are designed for personal use, it is an excellent choice if you have limited space in the kitchen or to anywhere you plan to use this product. It has a compact size. In fact, many people decide to bring it with them during their travels and use it in the hotel to prepare their favorite drinks, such as smoothies and shakes.
The designs of the models within this group are also commendable. For instance, there are some at which the blending jar also already serves as the drinking cup. Because of such, after blending your drink, you can drink it right away by just taking it off from the blending unit.
Good appliances of this type are made by Ninja, Hamilton Beach, Oster, and Magic Bullet.
Best Blenders For Frozen Margaritas
We have also reviewed the Margaritaville DM1000 Margarita Machine which in fact can be considered a blender.
Best Blender For Bulletproof Coffee And Other Hot Liquids
Bulletproof coffee is a wonderful energy drink that incorporates coffee blended with MCT oil and butter. MCT or medium chain triglyceride oil is basically refined coconut oil that is packed with nutrients, and the combination of these ingredients gives you a never-before-experienced energy boost with every sip of coffee.
The power of an appliance is crucial for making a perfect cup of bulletproof coffee. This is because the two magic ingredients, MCT oil, and butter, contain fat that has to be emulsified for the best results. This power is absent in cheap models. Moreover, they don’t perform all that well with hot liquids.
Leak-proof design is critical as you do not want your jug to start leaking when you are processing a hot beverage. Keeping these factors in mind, we have listed below the best blenders for hot liquids to suit every budget and requirement.
For a minimal budget, consider using a milk frother. We recommend the PowerLix Milk Frother, which is a handheld, battery operated and a hassle-free solution not only for your bulletproof coffee but other kinds of drinks too. You can use any heat-resistant container and froth away with this stainless steel spiral whisk product. PowerLix is also pretty low on noise.
If you can spend a bit more on coffee equipment, we highly recommend an immersion type model which is as powerful as possible, at least a 300W device. One of our favorites is the KitchenAid KHB2561OB.
You can control the level of speed with this device. There is the handy whisk attachment for frothing whereas the 1-liter blending pitcher is great for blending double batches of coffee, also featuring a no-splash lid. I really like the array of accessories or bell blade assemblies that can be interchanged for any purpose around the kitchen, not coffee alone.
Vitamix Or Blendtec
Finally, for a generous budget, I recommend the devices that all bulletproof coffee enthusiasts swear by – the Vitamix or Blendtec products. We especially love the BlendtecDesigner Series model with a WildSide Jar.
The power on this device is an incredible 1560W, complete with a direct drive motor of 3 peak horsepower. The blades are super strong cold-forged wingtip blades that can handle any frothy drink, not just blended high-fat coffee.
The bottom line is that cheaper models do eventually break from the wear and tear. Investing in a mid-range appliance will ensure the product’s durability, and a more expensive blender like Vitamix or Blendtec is the best option for long-term use.
Coffee aside, you can just put in heads of cauliflower or broccoli to make soup, blend in ice to make perfect smoothies and slushies, make mayonnaise, nut butter, and also rip through tough ingredients such as ginger.
Moreover, higher-end brands come with a warranty. Hence there is no fear of product replacement. I can also recommend buying a refurbished high-end unit, which will give you the same durability at a reduced price.
Blendtec Total Blender Classic TB-621-20 With FourSide Jar
Make way for a powerful home blender and food processor that could make you get rid of the smoothie maker, juicer, ice cream maker, coffee grinder and even ice crusher.
You don’t need to fill your kitchen countertop with all the appliances mentioned above. The Blendtec TB-621-20 Total Blender with a 1560-watt motor can do all the jobs that you never thought a blender could do.
To start off, Blendtec TB-621-20 Total Blender is not just your ordinary blender. Not only it will make food processing easy but also it is a juicer, smoothie maker, ice crusher and coffee grinder rolled combined into one unit. It is not cheap, but you will spend less more money than purchasing those separate appliances.
It is one of the best blenders I have seen!
Blendtec TB-621-20 Features
1,560-Watt 3-Horsepower Motor
Blendtec unit is featuring a powerful 1,560-watt, 3-horsepower direct-drive motor that blenders like no other blender.
It has 2-prong stainless steel blades that can powerfully spin up to 29,000 rpm making ingredients thoroughly mixed and blended and even turning hard ice into fine pieces.
Its strong spinning power could also turn fruits into instant juice and vegetables to perfect smoothies.
Choice Of 6 Blending Cycles
The Blendtec has a Smart Touch Digital Touchpad Controls. The control panel allows you to choose from 6 different pre-programmed blending cycles namely: ice crush/milkshake, whole/juice, smoothie, soups/syrups, ice cream/frozen yogurt and sauces/dips/dressings/batters depending on your preference.
Its Smart Touch Technology lets you speed up or slow down the blending power so the product comes out perfectly well. It also has an auto shut-off features that automatically turns off when every cycle is complete. Also, its modern digital controls spare you from cleaning outdated knobs and dials that another appliance has.
64-Ounce Blending Jar
This Blendtec kitchen tool comes with a square polycarbonate blending jar that can cater up to 64-ounces of raw ingredients, has an easy-grip large handle, measurement markings on the outside and a secure fitting lid that guarantees your ingredients to stay in its place and doesn’t come out.
At first glance, the Blendtec Total Blender looks just like an old-fashioned blender. But it contains high-tech functions that have impressed professionals and loyal fans alike.
Just like a food processor should be able to do, the Blendtec TB-621-20 has been able to grind, shape and crush various items of different sizes into several amounts of pulps and juices.
It also helps in making pastries, such as pies and cakes, but the loudness of the grinding process can cause aches when used for a long time. Despite this flaw, this machine is a welcomed addition to the line of food processors.
If you wanted to live and have a healthy lifestyle, Blendtec could help you achieve your goal for it perfectly makes juice and smoothies out of fruits and vegetables even without peeling it or removing the pulp, keeping all the health benefits intact without compromising the taste.
This product also includes a user guide with over 100 special recipes included so you can easily prepare ice cream, juice, dressings, sauces and cappuccinos.
What Is The Best Blender For Crushing Ice Cubes And Frozen Fruit?
If you like your drinks cold, you might want to invest in the good unit suited for crushing ice cubes and frozen fruit, so that you can readily enjoy a refreshing slushie.
However, you need to keep a few things in mind before investing in such a appliance.
To handle frozen ingredients, your best option is either the high performance countertop model or the more heavy duty personal blender. These blenders tend to be stronger and more durable. Their blades can handle the wear and tear from crushing frozen ingredients.
What is important?
- To assess the power of your blender, you need to keep in mind the power or wattage of its motor. The act of chopping ice requires a lot of torque, which a 600 watt or above motor can produce. The more powerful the appliance the better results you’ll have at crushing ice. Always keep the tool at the highest speed mode while processing ice or other frozen ingredients.
- The blades design is also essential in this regard. Sharp, durable blades which are specifically designed to handle the impact of frozen fruits and ice are your best option.
- We should also be careful with regards to the blending jar material and design. Thinner pitchers made of polycarbonate may crack easily from the impact of the crushing ice. That is why you might want to go for jars made of the copolyester, polycarbonate or impact resistant grass.
Ninja Professional Blender BL610
One of our favorite, go-to models for heavy-duty ice crushing is the Ninja Professional Blender (BL610). I really like the sleek, minimalist design on the device and the simplified controls that make life easier in general.
One of the best features of the Ninja Professional is the fact that its motor power is 1000 watts. The motor is amazingly powerful and able to produce a steady torque. This outstanding performance is further enhanced by the Ninja Total Crushing technology.
When put to the test, it completely crushed hard frozen fruits and ice within a couple of seconds. Moreover, it is also great for making thick smoothies, creamy frozen drinks, slushies and other drinks in large batches.
We also love the fact that the company has made the jar pretty much shatterproof. Not only is the jar BPA safe, but it is also dishwasher safe as well. Hence there is no risk of sudden cracking in the middle of the operation and a huge mess.
Overall, we highly recommend the Ninja BL610 model if you are fond of icy cold drinks, smoothies, and slushies. Keeping the necessary features in mind, you can purchase a blender that can really handle all the heavy duty ice crushing and smoothie making that goes on in your household.
Do you need the blender for making smoothies? No, it is optional and makes the process more convenient. I have described several ways how to make blenderless smoothies.
Vitamix Blender Lineup
Here are my quick notes about the models featured on the Vitamix website in February 2019.
Lets begin with the consumer products.
- E310 – 2 HP motor / 10 variable speeds + Pulse / 48-ounce container / color options – Black, Slate, Red
- 5300 (Certified Reconditioned) – 2.2 HP motor / 10 variable speeds + Pulse / 64-ounce low profile container / color options – Black, Red
- Standard Programs (Certified Reconditioned) – 2 HP motor / 10 variable speeds + Pulse + 3 standard programs (Smoothies / Frozen Desserts / Hot Soups) / 64-ounce classic container / color options – Black, Platinum, Red, White, Brushed Stainless Steel [Users say that it is actually the Vitamix 6300 model. According to manufacturer it is Professional Series® 500, 6300, 6500 or Total Nutrition Center 3]
- Twoo speed variations
- TurboBlend Two Speed Deluxe – 2 HP motor / 2 speeds / 64-ounce classic container + 32-ounce dry grains container / color options – Black, Slate – [model 1782]
- Creations Turbo – the same as above plus drinks recipe book (for QVC)
- Vitamix 5200 and its variations – see my Vitamix 5200 review for more details
- 5200 – 2 HP motor / 10 variable speeds + High Speed / 64-ounce classic container / color options – Black, Platinum, Red, White, Brushed Stainless Steel
- Professional Series 200 – 2 HP motor / 10 variable speeds + High Speed / 64-ounce classic container / color options – Onyx Black only
- CIA (Culinary Institute of America ) – 2 HP motor / 10 variable speeds + High Speed / 64-ounce classic container / color options – Onyx Black, Platinum, Ruby Red, Brushed Stainless [same as 5200 but with CIA cookbook]
- Creations GC – identical to Pro 200
- Creations GC with Compact Container – 5200 model variation with compact 48 ounce container
- Explorian (Certified Reconditioned) – 2.2 HP motor / 10 variable speeds + Pulse / 64-ounce low profile container / color options – Black, Red [looks like E310 but with more powerful motor and different jug]
- Next Generation (Certified Reconditioned) – 2.2 HP motor / 10 variable speeds + Pulse / 64-ounce low profile container / color options – Black, Red, White [According to manufacturer it is Professional Series® 300, 7500 or Creations Elite]
- Creations Elite (Discontinued) – 2.2 HP motor / 10 variable speeds + Pulse / 48-ounce low profile container / color options – Black
- 7500 – 2.2 HP motor / 10 variable speeds + Pulse / 64-ounce low profile container / color options – Black, Red, White
- Professional Series 300 – 2.2 HP motor / 10 variable speeds + Pulse / 64-ounce low profile container / color options – Onyx Black, Ruby Red
- Professional Series 750 – 2.2 HP motor / 10 variable speeds + Pulse + 5 pre-programmed modes (Smoothies, Hot Soups, Frozen Desserts, Purées, and Self-Cleaning)/ 64-ounce low profile container / color options – Black, Brushed Stainless Steel, Copper
- 780 – 2.2 HP motor / Touchscreen controls / 10 variable speeds + Pulse + 5 pre-programmed modes (Smoothies, Hot Soups, Frozen Desserts, Purées, and Self-Cleaning) / 64-ounce low profile container / color options – Black, Red [the 780 is the 750 model with touchscreen controls]
Smart System A-Series (Ascent)
- A2300 – 2.2 HP motor / 10 variable speeds + Pulse / Smart technology / 64-ounce low profile container / color options – Black, Red, White, Slate
- A2300 Family Pack – 2.2 HP motor / 10 variable speeds + Pulse / Smart technology / 64-ounce low profile container + 20 oz cup + two oz bowls / color options – Black
- A2500 – 2.2 HP motor / 10 variable speeds + Pulse + 3 standard programs (Smoothies / Frozen Desserts / Hot Soups) / Timer / Smart technology / 64-ounce low profile container / color options – Black, Red, White, Slate
- A3300 – 2.2 HP motor / Touchscreen controls / variable speed + Pulse / Timer / Smart technology / 64-ounce low profile container / color options – Black, Pearl Gray
- A3500 – 2.2 HP motor / Touchscreen controls / variable speed + Pulse + 5 pre-programmed modes (Smoothies, Hot Soups, Frozen Desserts, Dips & Spreads, and Self-Cleaning) / Timer / Smart technology / 64-ounce low profile container / color options – Black, Brushed Stainless Steel, Black Brushed Stainless Steel, Copper, Candy Apple Red, White
- S30 – 1 HP motor / 10 variable speeds + Pulse / 40-ounce container + 20 ounce cup / color options – Black, Red
- S50 – 1 HP motor / 10 variable speeds + Pulse + 2 standard programs (Smoothies / Power Blend)/ 40-ounce container + 20 ounce cup / color options – Black, Red
- S50 – 1 HP motor / 10 variable speeds + Pulse + 4 standard programs (Smoothies / Power Blends / Frozen Desserts, Dips & Spreads)/ 40-ounce container + 20 ounce cup / color options – Black, Red, Brushed Stainless Steel
Then there are also commercial products.
Commercial Beverage Blenders
- The Quiet One 36019 – 3 HP motor / Touch controls / 6 programms + 34 settings + 93 speeds / 48-ounce Advance container / noise reducing enclosure / color options – Black
- Blending Station Advance 36021 – 3 HP motor / Touch controls / 6 programms + 34 settings + 93 speeds / 48-ounce Advance container / noise reducing enclosure / color options – Black
- T&G 2 (Touch & Go) Blending Station 38002 – 2 HP motor / Touch controls / 6 programms + 34 settings / 32-ounce Advance container / noise reducing enclosure / color options – Black
- BarBoss Advance 5085 – 2 HP motor / 6 programms + Pulse / 48-ounce Advance container / color options – Black, Red [looks like 5200 but with Advance jug]
- Drink Machine Advance – 2.3 HP motor / 6 programms + Pulse / 48-ounce Advance container / color options – Black, Red [looks like 5200 but with Advance jug]
- Drink Machine Two Speed 62828 – 2.3 HP motor / 2 speeds / 64-ounce classic container / color options – Black [looks like TurboBlend Two Speed Deluxe but more powerful]
Commercial Food Prep
- Vita-Prep – 2.3 HP motor / 10 variable speeds + High Speed / 64-ounce classic container / color options – Black [looks like 5200 but more powerful]
- Vita-Prep 3 62826 – 3 HP motor / 10 variable speeds + High Speed / 64-ounce classic container / color options – Red [also looks like 5200 but more powerful]
- Vitamix XL 5201 – 4.2 HP motor / 10 variable speeds + Pulse / 1.5 gallon container + 64-ounce classic container / color options – Black
Best Blender Under $100/$200/$300
I will choose and review top rated blenders in different price ranges – under 100, 200, and 300 dollars.