All around the world, people travel from place to place for business or personal needs. During traveling, they need a refreshment to keep their mind focused on the journey. Many favor a cup of coffee, tea, oats or etc.
If there is a kid traveling then baby food like milk, cornflakes or chocolates needs to keep at hand. Now, it is not possible to carry a stove during the journey. Thus, a portable 12V car kettle at an efficient form factor and light weight is a dream come true.
A cigarette lighter socket will provide power for the 12V kettles reviewed in this article. These best car kettle manufacturers designed them in a way that they are safe. Travelers do not have to worry about the hazardous effects of using a kettle during their journey.
The products are cheap and flexible to use. From my research on these products, I found out that these three models are cheap and flexible to use. I will also be discussing the durability of these appliances.
Did you just search for the ‘electric kettle camping’? If so, this review will also shed some light on available travel water boiler options.
- Best 12 Volt Water Boiler Comparison Table
- #1 Uniox Car Kettle and Insulation Cup (Popular)
- #2 FDIT Portable Car / Truck Kettle (Versatile)
- #3 Road Pro 5027S
- Features to Consider
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best 12 Volt Water Boiler Comparison Table
If you are in a hurry, here is a quick comparison table of kettles reviewed below.
|Uniox Car Kettle & Vacuum Insulation Cup||12 Volts||348 ml / 12 oz||2 modes: 80W / 120W||Blue / Gray / Red||Kettle and Vacuum Insulation Cup, Digital temperature display|
|Fdit Portable Car Kettle||12 / 24 Volts||1000 ml / 34 oz||150W @ 12V / 250W @ 24V||Black + Cream White||Auto Shut Off|
|Road Pro 5027S Car Kettle||12 Volts||600 ml / 20 oz||100W||Black||Automatic shut-off|
#1 Uniox Car Kettle and Insulation Cup (Popular)
The Uniox Car Cigarette Lighter DC12V Electric Kettle has a very special design. This model promotes efficiency and comfort in multiple ways. The mini electric kettle weighs 1.17 pounds with a dimension of 10.1 x 3.1 x 3.1 inches.
This 12V electric kettle model is available in three colors: red, sky blue and grey. I have found the grey one to be more adaptable to the car interior.
The heating insulation cup has been built with dual-layer stainless steel. It takes only 16 minutes to heat 320ml of water in default 120W mode.
The digital temperature display is a techy addition to the kettle if you ask me. The thick film heating technology accelerates the rate of heating. Did I mention that the heating temperature can be customized?
Moreover, the double-layer vacuum body lessens the cooling rate inside. For safety purposes, this kettle comes in food grade silicon rubber. The rubber prevents the kettle from slipping off the hand due to high friction.
It also prevents it from adapting to the temperature inside. Hence, regardless of the heat, it’ll never make the outer body hot. This feature is similar to that of a 12 volt cigarette lighter.
The capacity of the cup is 348ml, which is great if 3-4 people are using it at a time. But, the cap of the 12 volt kettle has been found to be incapable of venting steam.
As its name says, the kettle uses 12V DC. You can choose 80W or 120W mode. The default power setting is 120W, but if you are not in a hurry, switching to 80W will let you save a bit of power.
This portable 12 volt water kettle is very suitable for preparing tea or coffee, making instant noodles as well as for heating milk. It is a convenient gadget for school car trips and camping trips.
Uniox 12V Kettle Specifications
- Functions – portable car water heater and insulation cup
- Voltage – 12V
- Cup capacity – 348 ml
- Power – 80W
- Heating time – 16 minutes (320ml of water from 25°C to 100°C)
- 2-layer stainless steel provides safety
- The 12 volt tea kettle is ergonomically well-built and efficient
- Digitally displayed and customizable temperature
- Food grade silicon rubber ensures food safety
- Cigarette lighter as a bonus feature
- Thick film heating technology prevents cooling of heated liquid
- Portable and convenient for traveling.
- Cap fails to vent steam properly
- It needs a charger adapter as large as the jar itself.
#2 FDIT Portable Car / Truck Kettle (Versatile)
The Fdit Car Kettle is an extremely light and portable travel water heater kettle for your car, which can hold up to 1000 ml liquid put inside it. The working voltage of this kettle is 12v and 24v. It can heat 1000 ml of liquid in 25 minutes.
This 12 volt hot water kettle is available for cars, trucks, buses, and other vehicles. Make your journey more enjoyable by taking advantage of its efficient 12 volt hot pot. The kettle is efficient at keeping hot beverages warm at your desired temperatures.
The kettle powers off automatically when the liquid inside reaches boiling temperature. The kettle gets its safety protection button on when the temperature reaches 248.0℉.
This water heater for cars is powered by a 12-volt cigarette lighter socket.
It is made from non-toxic materials, 304 stainless steel, and food-grade plastic. These features ensure durability and health safety.
The sealing performance of this kettle car promises to keep the liquid warm for a long time. The 12V car water boiler is really convenient for those people who often need to go on long journeys. This product can easily be used up to 3-4 years since the materials are of really high pedigree.
- Functions – cigarette lighter water heater
- Voltage – dual voltage 12V and 24V
- Cup capacity – 1000 ml
- Power – 150W @ 12V / 250W @ 24V
- Heating time – 25 minutes
- 304 steel and food grade plastic ensure food safety and durability
- It is cheaper than other 12 volt car hot water maker models
- It is used widely for boiling water for tea, coffee and other warm beverages
- 12v/24v ensures car power plug, built in fuse, external power indicator and safe design
- Vacuum insulation technology ensures burn prevention
- Efficient charging base ensures safety and sufficiency of heating
- Preserves heated liquid for extended time
- Cigarette lighter as a bonus feature
- Quantity of this 12 volt water boiling kettle is higher than other electric car kettles
- Works on dual voltage
- It is not available in different colors
- It takes more space in a car
- It takes more time to heat a liquid
#3 Road Pro 5027S
However, the quantity of liquid it can hold is not really efficient. The product is available in only one color i.e. black.
The 12 volt car water heater has to be plugged in directly into the socket to get the power on. This is a feature found in all other travel water boilers (like FDIT portable car 12V water boiler and Uniox car kettle/cup).
The 12v tea kettle for car is slim and features the space-saving design. When the water boiler reaches the desired temperature, it turns off automatically.
The Road Pro car kettle takes 45 minutes to boil water. This appliance is helpful for people who make far journeys very often, as it is flexible for them to carry. Though the design is not fancy, it is useful.
I have been in much of a dilemma on whether to give a positive or a negative review to this model. Although it is not the best water boiler out there, it is able to serve the main purpose behind buying it.
From my research, I can say that this boiler can be used for 8-12 months with comfort. But, the not-so-tight lid may prove to be an annoying factor for customers.
- Functions – travel water boiler
- Voltage – 12V
- Cup capacity – 590 ml (20oz)
- Power – 100W
- Heating time – 25-30 minutes
- Space saver and flexible to use
- Automatic power off button when the desired temperature is reached
- The unit is very light
- It can be plugged directly into cigarette lighter/ power socket
- The lid is not air-tight, so the liquid inside does not remain hot for a long time
- This model can only be deliverred in the US
- The appliance is only available in one color
Features to Consider
The features people expect from a portable traveling 12 volt kettle are flexibility, light-weight, lower power consumption, tight lid, quantity, safety, durability, and wide using capability. From my research on these appliances, I can tell you what to expect and what not to from these products.
Kettle vs. Cup
The Uniox car cup is made from stainless steel and food-grade plastic. The insulation formulated cup prevents the water from getting cold easily. The Uniox car cup can be used to enjoy the prepared food without having to serve it on any other plate. It is small in size and very convenient to use for any kind of trips and journeys.
The FDIT portable 12V kettle and the Roadpro 5072S come in kettle style. The kettles are convenient to use, though they are more space-consuming and heavy in weight. However, the kettles are cheaper than the cup style car water boilers. The food-grade elements used in these kettles are also of high pedigree.
Some travel water boilers perform on dual voltages. In many cases, it is seen that car water heaters need a variable of voltages to work on. The power supply of vehicles varies from one vehicle type to another. The FDIX car travel kettle works with both 12-volt passenger car and 24-volt truck electrical systems. This kettle can be used in both cars and trucks.
If one is looking to buy the portable water heater kettle you can use in a car and truck, only then, the dual voltage device is feasible. It is to be noted that the option of 12 volt car tea kettle is much more applicable for car users.
The capacity of the 12V water kettle depends on the use of the customers. Generally, the demand is for medium capacity kettles of 300-500 ml. The kettle with more capacity consumes more space and is also of more weight. Customers usually prefer light-weight and portable appliances.
The Uniox car hot pot is light in weight and consumes less space. If the customer size is of 5 or 6 members then they do need a high capacity kettle to prepare more food at the same time. On the other hand, if the customer size is of 2 or 3 members then a medium or small capacity kettle is enough and convenient for them. The low capacity kettle needs less time to boil the liquid inside.
The best 12v car water boiler models mentioned in these articles are Uniox car kettle, FDIT kettle and Road Pro 5027S. What to do to maintain the unit properly and what not to do to prevent destruction are discussed below.
- Always unplug the base first, then let the kettle cool down and remove the remaining liquid from the kettle; then, get it clean to avoid any kind of electric shocks.
- Soap water should be used to clean the inner part of the travel kettle
- The electric 12 volt kettle for car should not be immersed in water completely
- A sponge or damp cloth should be used to clean the outer area of the kettle
- To avoid accidents, the kettle should be operated on a flat surface
- Keep leather items away to avoid steam damage
- Children should be kept away from the kettle
- When the kettle is heating up but not boiling, you should use lime to descale the mineral deposits.
- If you have a propane stove in your RV, consider making a stop and using the stove to boil the water. Get a thinner aluminum pot with tight-fitting lid, and have boiling water within 2 minutes.
- If you plan to use your kettle regularly, you should upgrade the standard cigarette lighter receptacle to a quality marine one, like Blue Seas, and upgrade the wiring to it from the battery with at least 12awg, preferable 10awg.
- We should not use abrasive soaps or cleansers
- Don’t open the lid of the kettle without powering off the kettle
- Don’t keep the mouth of the kettle open for a long time
- Don’t let any liquid stay inside the kettle for a long time
- Do not use battery power to heat water. Keep the engine or generator running.
Frequently Asked Questions
I heard about the battery-operated water kettle. Is it a thing?
No. It is very ineficient to powet the water kettle from the battery. Even the car or RV battery can be drained if you try to boil the water when the engine is not running.
In conclusion, the Uniox 12v kettle is the most satisfying portable 12v water heater for cars. Judging from the materials used and the automated design, this kettle is a steal!
The appliance is durable and safe. From my research, I can say that this is the best model amongst the three that we have discussed here.
On the other hand, the FDIT 12V water kettle is a great option for 5-6 members traveling together. The car electric kettle is big in size and the space consumption is more. The food-grade plastic is appreciable and the stainless steel used ensures durability.
The Road pro 5027S is a light-weight and space-saving model. Moreover, it is automatic and is based on a single power capacitor.
However, the durability of this product could be better. This electric kettle received lots of negative feedback due to its less tight lid.
From my research, I can say that from the following 12v car kettles, the Uniox Kettle is my top pick.