Best Cookware Sets You Can Buy In 2017 – Ceramic, Steel and Hard Anodized Cookware
Deciding what kitchenware or cookware sets to buy or use should not be taken for granted. We cannot deny the fact that we prefer cheap utensils, cheap plates, cheap woks, etc. over those that cost twice or thrice as much. The logic behind this mentality is that they’re just objects for cooking or heating purposes, why spend two hundred bucks for them?
However, practically speaking, it actually cost more to buy low-priced cookware sets that will not last more than a year, or even less, than something that may cost a little more but could last for 3-5 years, right? When purchasing an object, we should not be eying on its price, but instead its features or quality.In this review, I will be explaining to you mommies, daddies, or whoever is in-charge of preparing your family’s meals, the different types of kitchenware sets, together with its advantages and disadvantages. There are no biases; everything that is written is real and based from facts.
If you’re looking for an affordable kitchenware set that is easily cleaned and heats up faster than any ordinary kitchenware, then you might consider a ceramic kitchenware.
Here are the benefits or advantages in using ceramic utensils:
- Ceramic kitchenware is, of course, made of or coated with ceramics. Since it’s wrapped with ceramic, it is already scratch-resistant.
- It also has a non-stick surface. You can fry any food you want without it being stuck in your pan.
- Moreover, because of its ceramic coating, each utensil heats up quicker and fairly or evenly even in high temperature.
- Some ceramic-made cookware does not contain lead and cadmium so they are definitely safe to use.
- With all its special features, it is also affordable and attainable by anybody.
Rachael Ray Cucina Porcelain Enamel Nonstick 12-Piece Cookware Set, Agave BlueCook N Home NC-00358 Nonstick Ceramic Coating 10-Piece Cookware Set, GreenPaula Deen Signature Porcelain Nonstick 15-Piece Cookware Set, Lavender Speckle
On the darker side, there are also some negative feedbacks obtained from previous to current users of ceramic cookware:
- Given that it has a non-stick surface, silver spatulas or any metal utensils are not recommended for use.
- It is also not advisable to clean it using dish-washing machines, or else it will not last.
- Yes, some are lead and cadmium free, but NOT all. As we all know, these elements are dangerous to the human body.
- Since the handle of a ceramic-made kitchenware is not made of metal, it cannot be used in ovens or microwaves.
Stainless Steel Cookware
If a ceramic kitchenware is not your type and what you are after are the style and elegance at the same time its quality, then stainless steel cookware set is the one you are looking for.
Farberware Classic Stainless Steel 15-Piece Cookware SetCalphalon Classic Stainless Steel Cookware, Set, 10-PieceDuxtop Professional Stainless-steel 17-piece Induction Ready Cookware Set Impact-bonded Technology
There are various reasons why stainless steel sets are very popular in the market:
- First and foremost, the designs are beyond marvelous. They are elegant and contemporary. They are even comfortable to use.
- Unlike the handles of other kitchenware types, its handle bends a little higher so that your fingers will not touch the hot lid, and it makes you feel you are in-control of the grip. Since they are made of steel, the handles remain cool even on top of the stove or pan.
- The steel lids or covers are tight-fit that also contribute to the regulation of heat inside the pot or pan.
- Having dripping problems? The rims of each item are all tapered to avoid dripping.
- Its core is pure aluminum that regulates heat and for better-quality heating procedure. Like the ceramic kitchenware, it heats up and cools quickly.
- All are oven safe and could stay up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The benefits of using stainless steel kitchen tools do not end there. This kind of kitchenware is great even for classic techniques such as frying, browning, searing, sautéing, and even for inventing delicious sauces.
- If you’re too tired to clean all the pieces you used, you can simply wash all of them by using dish washing machine.
Nothing is perfect after all. With almost everything you want in a kitchenware, stainless steel still has some flaws in it
- Of course, with its superb features, a stainless steel kitchenware costs a lot more.
- You will be having a little hard time adjusting to this type of set and it also requires maintenance.
- Lastly, the warranty is still questionable.
Hard Anodized Cookware
But if you think having a ceramic kitchenware makes you feel something is missing and having a stainless steel kitchenware set is too pricey for you, why not try the hard anodized kitchenware?
T-fal E918SC Ultimate Hard Anodized Durable Nonstick Expert Interior Thermo-Spot Heat Indicator Anti-Warp Base Dishwasher Safe PFOA Free Oven Safe Cookware Set, 12-Piece, GrayRachael Ray Cucina Hard-Anodized Nonstick 12-Piece Cookware Set, Gray with Cranberry Red HandlesSimply Calphalon Nonstick 14 Piece Set
Here are the reasons why hard anodized cookware is more preferred by others:
- It is less expensive than a steel cookware
- It has a built-in Thermo-spot heat indicator that signals you if it is perfectly heated and ready to cook on, and a TechnoResist Anti-Warp base that resists any kind of warp that actually helps in the distribution of heat without overheating your food.
- It is like a combined ceramic and steel kind of kitchenware. It is scratch resistant and has non-stick surface, but at the same time pro-metal, where you can use metal or silver utensils without leaving a mark or scratch.
- It is also safe for dish-washing
- The handles are made of silicone
As for the downside of a hard anodized kitchenware, nothing much is said about it. The only problems are:
- You can execute all cooking method EXCEPT induction.
- Unlike a steel utensils, it can only stay as high as 300 degrees Fahrenheit
One of the most well known sets of this type are coming from Rachael Ray.
Now that you already know the differences of each cookware type, have you chosen what you really want?
Best Cookware Under 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 Dollars
I am currently reviewing a bunch of great cookware, so stay tuned for a brand new comparison article about the top rated kitchenware sets on the market.
Here are the kitchenware types I will review – best cookware:
- under 100
- under 200
- under 300
- under 400
Accessories For Cooking
One of the additional utensils you should consider, especially if you are often cooking bacon, is the bacon press.
Top Posts & Pages
- Best Foot Massager Reviews 2016/2017 - Top Rated Leg Massaging Machines
- Best Halogen Infrared Convection Oven Reviews For 2015/2016
- Best Cookware Sets You Can Buy In 2017 - Ceramic, Steel and Hard Anodized Cookware
- Best Value Kitchen Scales Reviews 2016/2017 - 10 Top Rated Food Scales Compared
- Best Toaster Oven in the World 2016/2017 - Reviews and Comparisons