One day I was browsing one of forums I frequent each day, and I saw a post from a guy who was telling a story about how his wife called him nuts because of…him buying a kitchen thermometer for her.
Wait a minute. There must be something going on. Being a bit of a gadget freak, I made a quick research.
Here is what I learned about the Thermoworks Splash Proof Super Fast Thermapen – that’s the name of this gadget.
1..2..3..Ready – It is That Quick!
With 3 second temperature reading splash-proof super-fast Thermapen thermometer is one of the fastest thermometers in the market.
Why the speed matters for a cooking thermometer?
People who cook a lot often are complaining that they spend too much time with their heads in the oven.
Not only is this not the most comfortable body position, the heat getting out of the oven. The up and down heat cycling is not what you want when you are cooking.
Thermapen quick read thermometer takes temperature reading in 3 seconds, so you don’t have to hold the oven door open long.
0.1 Degree Resolution
In case if you need it, you can measure the temperature with 0.1 degree accuracy in full temperature range of 572 °F. If it is not necessary, you can switch to full degree mode.
TIP: if you want to check the accuracy of your thermometer, test the boiling water temperature. Reminder – the boiling point of water is 100 °C, or 212 °F at standard pressure.
Splash-Proof Design Without Cables
No more worries about getting Thermapen quick read thermometer wet! This instant reading Thermapen belongs to the new generation of Thermapens with splash-proof design. Now this digital device is protected from wet hands and kitchen splashes. People even report accidentally leaving it to soak in the rain, and it still works!
The traditional commercial thermometer design featuring the cable has several drawbacks.
- The cable connector is first thing that fails in kitchen thermometer
- It takes two hands to take the reading
- What you do with the cable after using the thermometer, is wrapping it around the meter. Which is often covered with grime and bacteria and contaminates the meter.
- This thermometer has fold-away probe, which frees your one hand and eliminates risk of frying the cable.
Thermoworks Fast Thermapen available in 15 different colors -Pink, Grey, Red, Yellow, Black, Blue, Green, Orange, Purple, Brown, Teal, British Racing Green, White, Tan, and Cornflower Blue.
The probe on the Thermapen is slender, very long, and the sensor is very near its end
- Due to its smaller diameter the probe leaves smaller holes. Who wants a chicken or bread loaf with huge holes?
- If the sensor is near the end, you don’t have to insert it very far to get a reading
- The longer the sensor, the less risk of burning your hand
Simple operation without on/off switch
- Just open the probe, and the Thermapen comes on.
- Close it and it shuts off.
- No buttons means fewer places for germs to hide.
You can set several configuration settings with dials located in the battery compartment
- Set the Thermapen for C or F (the measuring range is 58.0 to 572.0 degrees F / -49.9 to 299.9 degrees C)
- Set the readings in tenths of degrees or whole degrees
- Disable the auto-off for continuous readings till the probe is closed
- Calibration trim button fine-tunes the unit calibration
WARNING – you will develop an addictive habit to poke anything with Super Fast Thermapen thermometer.
People who have bought Super Fast Thermapen thermometer, is using it to make:
- mochas and lattes
- meats on the grill
- baking breads
- chicken and fish
People even check the temperature of oil on the pan and….even water in the bath!
Is There Anything Missing?
First thing missing is the lock for the temperature, so that you can see the previous reading without needing to write it down.
Then, if you are left-handed, the display will be on the wrong side for you. Just make a habit to hold it in the right hand, and this issue will be solved.
Your Thermapen thermometer needs a case
After spending a reasonable amount of this thermometer, you would not want to scratch this fine kitchen utensil. So do yourself a favor and buy a nice leather case.
Hundreds of Thousands of Thermoworks Thermapens in Use
The Thermapen Instant Reading Thermometer is has been a favorite thermometer among restaurant chains, health inspectors and quality managers worldwide. A lot of cooks are using them and giving favorable testimonials.
Bottom line is that if you grill, if you cook, if you bake – you gotta have this gadget!
Top Posts & Pages
- Best Foot Massager Reviews 2016/2017 - Top Rated Leg Massaging Machines
- Best Halogen Infrared Convection Oven Reviews For 2015/2016
- Best Cookware Sets You Can Buy In 2017 - Ceramic, Steel and Hard Anodized Cookware
- Best Toaster Oven in the World 2016/2017 - Reviews and Comparisons
- Best Food Processor and Blender In The Market 2016/2017 - Reviews and Comparisons